Thursday, January 17, 2008

Knitting as an Artform

There has been a shift in the knitting world and lately knitting has become more than something people do to make themselves clothing or other accessories. Now people are knitting actual art and I couldn't be more jealous.



Boing Boing featured this super cool and awesome knitted dissected frog and then today Jessica featured is at her Thurday Feature and while she may not love it, I do!(CORRECTION: It's not that Jessica doesn't like the frog, it is that it reminds her of the traumatic nature of high school which I totally identify with. High School is that place were you have some of your best memories and some of your worst!)

I used to love to dissect things for High School Biology. I would come in early to dissect cool things like Sharks, a Pigeon, etc. I think my teacher was so excited that someone else was excited about this stuff that she would really encourage me to do more dissections. I really loved the prep work where you had to learn all the animal's parts and other important features. In fact, I still love prep work. I love all that pre-work one does before they start an actual project.



Now if only I could figure out how to knit my own dissected frog, now that would be too cool for school!

No comments:

 
Rebecca Mongrain's Blog © 2013.

Design by The Blog Boat