Monday, June 02, 2008

BAT Tripping

Day 165 Outake

Claudia has recently begun sporting the BAT/KAT project. The project as decribed by Claudia is the, "Bicycling as Transportation/Knitters Alternatively Transporting Project. The goal of which is to substitute at least one bicycling/walking/alternatively transporting trip for one car trip every week."

This week, Meg told me she was riding her bike to University Village which is about 5 miles from our homes (Meg and I live super close to each other which is super nice for such close knitting friends). I told her that I wanted to go along. It was fantastic! We met at the bridge and rode along the Burke-Gilman trail to the shopping center. Along the way we stopped at a bike shop so Meg could get a new bike seat. It's important to have a good bike seat when you are working to love your bike.

Then we did our shopping, crammed our purchases into our backpacks and biked home. The ride took about the same amount of time as driving through traffic and looking for parking. Bike parking is much easier to find! This week I'm going to look for more BAT trips. Someday, one day I'm even going to ride my bike to Purlygirls.

Day 165 (165/366): Biking with Meg

No comments:

 
Rebecca Mongrain's Blog © 2013.

Design by The Blog Boat