Friday, October 24, 2008

Seriously Good Pie

Serious PIE

Scott and I have been trying for months to return to Serious Pie. I finally figured that if we went at 5:30 on a Tuesday, we'd get in without the 45 minute wait. Scott warned me that I would need to prepare for a wait but it was a delight when we walked in and were immediately seated.

Serious Menu

Serious Pie is a Tom Douglas restaurant and one of my favorites. The pizza is amazing! I've had salads there that have made my tastebuds cry with delight. They cook all the pizzas in a wood burning oven and serve them up on custom made Epicurean boards (with special grooves).

Truffled Pizza

We ordered a mushroom and truffle cheese pizza along with the daily special pizza with was a spicy sausage. I love the truffle cheese pizza and studied it this time in an attempt to make my own.

Pizza Sausage

The story behind Serious Pie is that the space was previous used to make bread for the Dahlia bakery and restaurant. Tom saw an opportunity to offer up pizzas and I am so glad he did!

Serious Kitchen

One of my favorite meals is a delicious pizza with a nice frosty beer. Tom takes the ordinary pizza experience to a whole new level though and has inspired me in my home pizza making skills.

Serious Drink

For desert, Scott and I decided to share the pumpkin canoli which was amazing! The pumpkin spice was just right and the canoli was crispy and full of flavor.

Pumpkin Canoli

Serious Pie
316 Virginia
Seattle, WA 98121
(206) 838-7388

Mon-Sat 11am–11pm
Sun 4pm-10pm
No Reservations

Pizza, Beer and Wine are available for take-out.

Wheat

No comments:

 
Rebecca Mongrain's Blog © 2013.

Design by The Blog Boat