Thursday, May 21, 2009

Carribean Sandwiches in Fremont

Paseo_1

Scott and I love this little sandwich place in Fremont. It's seriously tiny and doesn't even have a sign above it's storefront. You know you've reached this place when you smell the roasting chicken and see the hoard of people lined up out front.

Paseo_4

I first heard about this place from a friend and honestly I wasn't too excited. Huge sandwiches with caramelized onions and big pieces of meat? Not too sure. Then I became a caramelized onion fiend and knew that I had to get to Paseo.

Paseo_5

Of course visiting Paseo's does violate my "No Cash Only Restaurants" rule (which always makes me angry) but you see their food is so good that the cash only thing doesn't bother me now. It just means I need to plan ahead a bit more.

Paseo_3

My favorite dish is the "Caribbean Bean and Rice Bowl" which is delicious and huge! It doesn't come with onions so I always get a side of their caramelized onions. This bowl is enough food for 2-3 meals. I like to take the nice chicken thigh out immediately and save that for a sandwich the next day. Then I take half the beans and rice out and save that before digging in to the remaining food which honestly is still alot.

Paseo_8

Scott swears by the sandwiches. His usual favorite is the roasted chicken but he also likes to have the pork at times. He then usually finishes off my Caribbean bowl because as he puts it he, "loves the chips!"

Paseo_10

So get out there! Try Paseo and you won't be disappointed. Seriously I eat there at least 3-4 times a month and I love it each and every time. Oh and be forewarned, they put mayo on their sandwiches, some people love that but others hate it.

Paseo
4225 Fremont Ave N
Seattle, WA 98103
(206) 545-7440
Yelp Review

No comments:

 
Rebecca Mongrain's Blog © 2013.

Design by The Blog Boat