Saturday, February 06, 2010

Boneyard-ing

Boneyard Hanging

On January 31, just moments before 11 p.m., I finished my second shawl (Boneyard) for "10 Shawls in 2010" Ye Old Ravelry page is here.

Boneyard Folded on Fence

After knitting Clothide, I decided that I wanted an easier shawl before tackling a lace one again. I thought the Boneyard Shawl would be perfect as I had two skeins of Jo Sharp Silken Aran Tweed in my stash and all I needed was two more skeins to complete this project.

I skipped off to my local yarn store where I discovered that Jo Sharp was not importing her yarn to the US any longer which meant the two skeins I needed were not to be. I was not deterred though and purchased four skeins of Rowan Felted Tweed which turned out to be quite lovely even though it was a bit more expensive than I had planned, so much for my stash busting!

Boneyard Shawl on Fence

I love this shawl. The yarn was perfect for this project and produced the nicest drape. The shawl is quite large which will be perfect for cold winter nights. The pattern was super easy but entertaining enough for me to remain engaged.

Boneyard Worn

No comments:

 
Rebecca Mongrain's Blog © 2013.

Design by The Blog Boat