Thursday, April 29, 2010

Honeymoon Vacation - Day Two

Arc de Triomphe du Carrousel

Day two of our honeymoon brought us breakfast at Angelina and a visit to the Louvre, the Musée de l'Orangerie along with exploration in the Ste. Germaine.

Angelina Breakfast Remains

We woke up early and headed to the Rue de Rivoli where Angelina is located. I clapped my hands with joy and we headed in for a Parisian breakfast. Angelina has some of the best hot chocolate in the world and I enjoyed every lovely sip.

Louvre Square

We then headed through the Jardin des Tuileries toward the Louvre. Scott was extra excited about the Louvre since he studied Art and Art History in college. He's really fun to go to museums with because he can tell you all about the history and brush strokes and all that other arty stuff.

Not Venus Demillo

The Louvre is a wonderful and yet exhausting museum. Even though we arrived near opening time for the museum, it was packed with hoards of people straining to see every famous piece of artwork.

Louvre Sculpture Hall

We did however stumble upon this really cool statue head while lost in the South American Tribal Art area.

Head of Satue

After finding our way back to the entrance of the Louvre, we decided to head into the underground mall for some lunch. It was there that I spotted the McDonald's Macarons. I really wanted to try them but I couldn't bring myself to do it.

McDonald's Macarons

Once we were full, we headed back down the Rue de Rivoli so I could find the purse shop I visited on my previous visit to Paris. I also wanted to visit e-Dehillerin which was where Julia Child shopped when she lived in Paris.

I found the purse shop and I purchased a lovely purse.

Parisan Purse

I had a great time in e-Dehillerin but didn't buy anything as Scott said I'd have to carry it home myself and copper pots are heavy!

Dehillerin

We then went to the Musée de l'Orangerie where Monet's Waterlilies are on display.

Waterlillies 3

They are quite lovely but you can see Monet's aging process in the paintings. You can see where he slowly began to lose his eyesight where the Lilies become even more fuzzy.

Waterlillies 2

After a lovely day in the museums, we headed back to our hotel room where Scott caught me napping. Those museums really wore me out!

Tuckered Out

Once I woke up again, we headed out to explore the Ste. Germain district. We went to the Le Bon Marche which was highly disappointing.

Le Bon Marche

After the Bon Marche, we visited a park where we watched a French couple having a heated argument. We were transfixed watching them. It was strange to see such passion in such an open space.

We ended up having dinner at an ok place that evening and while it wasn't terrible, it wasn't that great of a meal. We did however have a great time exploring the area near our hotel.

No comments:

 
Rebecca Mongrain's Blog © 2013.

Design by The Blog Boat