Tuesday, June 01, 2010

Eating Local - Grilled Scallops with Wilted Spinach and Lemon-Caper Butter

LemonCaperSpinachScallops

I have to be honest here. Last night's dinner was a bit of a let-down. After our lamb heavy day on Sunday, I decided to lighten things up by making "Grilled Scallops with Wilted Spinach and Lemon-Caper Butter" on page 148 of "Eating Local".

LemonCaperScallops

Scott and I really enjoy our seafood but I just don't think that we love scallops. They tend to be bland and no matter how I cook them, they just don't retain any flavor.

LemonCaperFreshScallops

Now don't get me wrong, the dish was super easy to make and the lemon-caper butter was divine. I just think if I were to make this again, I would substitute shrimp for the scallops and asparagus for the spinach, making an entirely different dish than this one.

DiconCarrotPickledIngredients

I also decided to try my hand at the Vietnamese-Style Carrot and Daikon Pickle on page 142 of "Eating Local". I wasn't a fan of that either. I'm letting the flavors settle a bit before trying them again. I've never had Daikon and Scott said that it tasted like pickled Daikon. Maybe I'm not a fan of Daikon?

DiconCarrotsPicklinginajar

Well you can't win them all and these weren't complete losses. In fact, I suspect that other people would LOVE them. These recipes just aren't for Scott and I.

No comments:

 
Rebecca Mongrain's Blog © 2013.

Design by The Blog Boat