Wednesday, June 08, 2011

And Soon There Will Be Three

Pregnant

Scott and I are so very happy to announce that we're having a baby! I'm due December 1st so I'm just about 15 weeks along. We've named the baby Platypus which has been the source of a lot of jokes and laughs around here. We heard the baby's heartbeat today and it was one of the most fantastic sounds ever!

Baby Mongrain

I've been reading all sorts of pregnancy books and badgering Scott with baby topics. Luckily pregnancy so far has been pretty good me. Oh I've had the usual nausea, grumpiness and pretty much have slept the last few months away but so far, being pregnant has been good!

BurpClothes

I've also been knitting, knitting, knitting in between planning, plotting and scheming. I've knit two and a half sweaters with plans for many, many more.

Fuzzibunz2

I've also spent more time than I thought possible researching diapers and strollers. I've decided to go with the Fuzzibunz diapers since they grow with the baby. Also I found two great sites with so much information on cloth diapering and I was hooked. The first site is StyleBerry Blog and the second is EatCraftLive.

Be Prepared

I'll be taking all of you along on this journey with me and I welcome any tips for a new Mama! I'm pretty sure that my life is about to be rocked. Scott and I have an idea what we're in for but really at the end of the day, we do not have even a single clue what we just signed up for!

10 comments:

Francesca said...

Yay! Congrats to you both! Isn't hearing the heartbeat just the best thing ever? I cry every time I get an ultrasound (4 and counting now!). So happy to be sharing this experience with you, mama!

Amy Stanton said...

I'm so very excited for you! You're in for a real adventure :)

Anonymous said...

FANTASTIC NEWS!!!! It's the best thing EVER being a mama. Congratulations.
LeAnne :-)

Janine said...

Great news! My advice? Relax, relax, relax. Every baby is different, so leave the judgement at the curb. Don't underestimate the effect of hormones gone wacky, pre- and post-natal. Create a family-centered life, not a child-centered life. Cuddle. Cloth diapers are easy--good choice.

Just call the the Polonius of Childrearing!

PS The word verification I've been assigned is "manho." Snicker snicker.

nova said...

Such fantastic news! Congrats!

ctexas said...

Congrats to you guys! This is going to be a fun ride, so take the next 9 months to get ready so rest up.
Take all advise with a grain of salt and do what you feel is best for you and your baby.
I still can't believe that you get a huge manual for everything but they let you walk out of the hospital with this little person with nothing but a car seat. Scary!!

Cassandra

Rebecca Mongrain said...

Janine - I hope your word verification doesn't mean anything for Platypus! LOL!

Thanks for all the congrats and great advice everyone!

Wed said...

Yay! Congratulations! I have an in on Tiny Tush diapers that were very gently used. Lemmeno.

-Wendi

weddywoo on ravelry

Anonymous said...

Hi, just found your blog - love it. Question: did you have any issues/special medical issues/concerns being overweight during your pregnancy/conceiving? I ask bc I am considering pregnancy and am a similar body type to yours. Thx.

Rebecca Mongrain said...

Why yes I did! I didn't have too much trouble conceiving either time. 10 months for Molly after 10 years of BC and 4 months with the nugget. I did however get gestational diabetes with Molly. It's possible that I may get it again but I've been working hard to change my diet and have already started eating as if I have GD this time around. I would suggest getting a basic prenatal blood work test run if you are thinking about getting pregnant and trying to lose some weight. It can only help.

 
Rebecca Mongrain's Blog © 2013.

Design by The Blog Boat