Thursday, December 13, 2012

Christmas Sugar Scrubs

Sweet - Sweet Sugar Scrub presents #fmsphotoaday

I've met a bunch of wonderful Mamas this year and I particularly wanted to give my PEPS Mamas something small to celebrate the season. There are 9 of us in our group so I knew that I would need to keep it small and inexpensive because otherwise my bank account would be unhappy.

Peppermint Sugar Scrub

So I started searching out ideas on Pinterest and I pinned my heart out. I found so many great ideas and decided to make a simple sugar scrub for my Mamas. I bought some 1/2 pint wide mouth canning jars and some circle labels. I searched around my craft room for some tags and ribbon. Then I got to work.

Peppermint Sugar Scrub

I took four cups of white granulated sugar, 3/4 cup of olive oil (coconut oil or almond oil would work well too) and a few drops of Peppermint Essential Oil. I poured the oil slowly into the sugar and mixed it until the scrub was a nice consistency of softness but not too oily. Then I added the essential oil.

I then packed the scrub into the 1/2 pint jars, put the labels on the lids and wrote in my nicest writing, "Peppermint Sugar Scrub". I tied ribbons around the jars and plopped them into some gift bags. The entire project took about an hour from start to finish.

Peppermint Sugar Scrub

At our monthly happy hour, I gave the ladies their gifts which they really appreciated. Now everyone in my PEPS group will have the softest skin.

Here are some other great scrub recipes:

Pumpkin Spice Sugar Scrub
Lemon Sugar Scrub
Homemade Sugar Scrub
Coconut Sugar Scrub
Candy Cane Brown Sugar Scrub



1 comment:

Kimberley said...

I wondered what this awesomeness was when you shared a picture on instagram. I LOVE this idea.

 
Rebecca Mongrain's Blog © 2013.

Design by The Blog Boat