Tuesday, January 22, 2013

Fitbit'ing!

Two Things - I always have these two things (fit it and iPhone) with me. #fmsphotoaday For Christmas, I received a FitBit and I have to say that I LOVE IT! Yes, I'm shouting that from the rooftops. I'm a data person. I love to collect data and then analyze the results to see what is going on. The FitBit lets me analyze MY DATA and tells me where I can make some healthy improvements. The FitBit is easy to use and yet also provides an abundance of data. FitbitWeeklyemail
 I get a weekly email from FitBit that tells me how I did on my goals and how many badges I earned. It's corny but I like the badges! Fitbitupdate

 I can also go to the FitBit.com website to sync up and check my stats whenever I want. I especially like to see how I'm sleeping and how many times I woke up. You wear the FitBit on your wrist at night and it measures movement and notes that as awake times. It appears that I have a 97% sleep efficiency! I'm not sure what that means. Maybe I'm an excellent sleeper? Ha!
  FitbitSleep
Additionally I can see how active I am. This is an area I need to work on. The cold January weather has kept me from being as active as I'd like to be. I'll admit it! When I can see my breathe outside, I kinda want to curl up on the couch with my knitting instead of going out for a run!

Fitbitactive

Another way I can check my progress is on my iPhone

IMG_1868

I can check my steps, my sleep and track my eating habits. I need to track my eating a bit better but we all have areas of improvement.

IMG_1856

And that is the full detailed report as to why I love my FitBit! Do you have one? What do you think of it?

4 comments:

Francesca Russell said...

Thanks for this post! I am interested in one. I wonder how it compares to the Nike bracelet version...

Rebecca Mongrain said...

@Francesca - that is a good question! I know fitbit makes a bracelet too. I do like how small my fitbit is. I wore it to a party on Saturday under my dress and no one knew which is nice!

amanda said...

You're making me want to get back on the Fitbit train! Do you have the Fitbit scale, too, or do you just weigh yourself on a regular scale?

Rebecca Mongrain said...

@amanda - I just weight myself on a regular scale though with my G.A.S. I kinda want a fitbit scale! It's so pretty!

 
Rebecca Mongrain's Blog © 2013.

Design by The Blog Boat