Thursday, January 10, 2013

Pinterest Thursday - Brown Sugar + Honey Scrub

IMG_1134

I'm always on the hunt for all-natural skin care products that actually work so when I saw these tips  on Pinterest, I knew I had to try it out. The concept is simple; mix equal parts brown sugar and honey together before applying to your face.

IMG_1129

I highly recommend doing this scrub in the shower as the honey is a bit messy. It is divine though and if any happens to fall on your lips, it is also tasty!

IMG_1159

I used this scrub for about a week and definitely saw a difference in the smoothness of my skin. It also just felt really nice. There is no need to use a really nice honey or brown sugar. For this "recipe", I feel the cheaper, the better.

IMG_1130

I would however advise against making up a big "batch" of this scrub. I thought I was super smart to do this but the scrub got super grainy and didn't feel as good as when I mixed it up right before using it.

No comments:

 
Rebecca Mongrain's Blog © 2013.

Design by The Blog Boat