Saturday, January 12, 2013

Woodland Sampler


Little Deer

Once upon a time, I was an avid cross-stitcher. Then I found knitting and left my stitching roots behind. Recently though, I rediscovered my love for cross-stitching.

Before and After

I was surfing through Instagram when I spotted a link to some beautiful and fun patterns from The Frosted Pumpkin Stitchery. Before I knew it, I had signed up for the Woodland Sampler which is a monthly cross stitch pattern. We were given the pattern for all 12 frames in December when we signed up and then at the beginning of each month, we get a set of instructions to fill in one frame at a time.

Woodland Sampler Progress #woodlandsampler

I ended up having to re-boot my sampler when I noticed that I was stitching in every square and it was coming out teeny tiny on 28ct fabric. I started stitching in two "squares" and I LOVE IT!

The creators of the pattern offered up a sneak peek for February's pattern and I'm so stoked!

I'm so excited about this year long project, that I might have already bought more patterns to make more cross stitch things!

No comments:

 
Rebecca Mongrain's Blog © 2013.

Design by The Blog Boat