Friday, May 03, 2013

Avocado Green Smoothie



I've been experimenting with smoothies in the search for non-dairy veggie goodness. I've thought about using coconut yogurt but I'm not really a fan of it. I've also thought about soy yogurt but that is even less desirable to me.

On my last long training run, I mentioned to my running partner that I wasn't sure how to replace the yogurt in my favorite smoothie recipe because I liked how creamy it made them. She suggested subbing in avocado. I asked on twitter and people chimed in saying avocado in a smoothie was delicious! My friend Amanda even sent me her favorite recipe. I was intrigued with this idea and so I made a smoothie with avocado this morning. Yum! Even Molly liked it.


Avocado Green Smoothie
makes 3 smoothies

Ingredients
1 avocado
1 cup frozen berries
1 frozen banana
1 cup almond milk
2 Tablespoons almond butter
4 cups spinach

Directions
1. Place all ingredients in the blender (or food processor if you discover that your blender has a leak!) and blend until you have reached the desired consistency. 
2. Drink up and say Yum!

2 comments:

Unknown said...

I don't know if soy is out completely or just soy yogurt, but I sometimes use the silken soft tofu in smoothies.

Unknown said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
 
Rebecca Mongrain's Blog © 2013.

Design by The Blog Boat