Friday, May 31, 2013

Wheatless Energy Bites

Wheatless Energy Bars

There is a coffee shop that I often visit after Molly and I go around Greenlake. It has good parking and is on the way to the place I pick up my Mom from her cardio rehab program. The coffee is good but their snacks are even better. 

Wheatless Energy Bars

They have these Wheatless Breakfast Bars that are delicious but at $2.50 a piece, I knew my addiction to these bars would be hard on my wallet. After reading the ingredient list, I decided to re-create these at home. I'm so glad I did because these are a delightful little treat for both Molly and me.

Wheatless Energy Bars


Wheatless Energy Bars
Makes 14 bars

Ingredients

1 cup rolled oats
1/2 cup peanut butter (or almond butter)
1/3 cup honey
1/4 cup ground flaxseed
1/4 cup chia seeds
1 cup coconut flakes
1/2 cup chocolate chips
1 teaspoon vanilla

Directions

1. Line a 9x9 baking pan with parchment paper. 
2. Mix all the ingredients in a large bowl.
3. Using a rubber spatula, spread the mix into the prepared pan.
4. Refrigerate for at least two hours or overnight before cutting the bars into 14 pieces.
5. Enjoy with a nice cup of coffee or tea.

Wheatless Energy Bars

2 comments:

amanda said...

yum! I'm going to have to make those - I think they would be a great pre-workout late afternoon snack!

Rebecca Mongrain said...

Amanda - These are a great pre-workout late afternoon snack! Full of energy making goodness.

 
Rebecca Mongrain's Blog © 2013.

Design by The Blog Boat