Saturday, June 08, 2013

On Swimming

Nice Day for a Swim

There are few things that I enjoy more in life than swimming. I love the rush of the water as I glide through it. I love feeling the air on my arms when they push up through the water before diving back in.

Outdoor swimming time! Last day for my swim cap though. I can see it starting to tear :(

Today was my return to outdoor swimming at Mounger Pool which for me means that summer is officially here! When I was pregnant with Molly, I swam most days at Noon at Mounger Pool. Then last summer, Molly and I took lessons twice a week there. It really is our favorite pool in Seattle.

Swimming Molly

In just two short weeks, Molly and I will be back for our twice weekly swim lessons. I suspect we'll take advantage of the family swim a few times a week, as well. As for me, I'm going to try to lap swim at least twice a week at the pool. It means a little bit of scheduling to do so during the week but there is always Saturday and Sunday lap swim time!

Swim Crazy Child!

Today after breakfast, Molly and Scott accompanied me to the pool. There is a wonderful park next door so they went over there to play while I swam 18 laps. They came in and watched me complete my last lap. My initial goal was 12 laps so I feel pretty good to have done 18 especially after not swimming all winter. Now I feel energized and ready to take on the day while my family naps. Molly was up very early this morning and everyone is very tired. Heck, maybe I'll take a nap too.

Rebecca and Scott in Hawaii

No comments:

 
Rebecca Mongrain's Blog © 2013.

Design by The Blog Boat