Friday, July 26, 2013

Pumpkin Chocolate Chip Bread

With the death of my oven, I've had a sudden desire to bake all the things! Luckily for me, I also seem to have all the appliances. I pulled out my bread machine earlier this week and attempted to make a Scone Loaf. That was an unmitigated disaster though it made the entire house smell wonderful. It was fun experimenting though.

Pumpkin Bread in Machine

This morning I decided to bake Pumpkin Chocolate Chip Bread in the machine even though it is entirely the wrong season. I'm so glad I did.

Sliced Pumpkin Bread

When Molly and I got back from blueberry picking (post on that coming this Monday!), I put Molly down for a nap and tucked into a nice warm piece of bread that had been baking while we were toiling in the hot sun. It was a delicious treat especially since I'm still low-carbing most days.

Pumpkin Bread

Pumpkin Chocolate Chip Bread
Makes 1 large loaf

Ingredients 
1/4 cup Vegetable Oil
1 cup Canned Pumpkin
2 Eggs
1 cup packed Brown Sugar
2 1/4 cups All-Purpose Flour
2 teaspoons Pumpkin Spice Seasoning
1 teaspoon Salt
1 teaspoon Baking Powder
1 cup  semi-sweet chocolate chips

Directions
1. Add ingredients to your bread machine in the order listed, excluding the chocolate chips.
2. I have a Cuisinart™ Convection Bread Maker so I cooked mine the following way: Quick Bread/Cake, Medium crust, Large Loaf.
3. After the batter has mixed for about 5-10 minutes, stop the machine and scrape the sides of the pan. Add the chocolate chips at this point and mix well. Press start again.
4. Drink a cup of tea or go blueberry picking while the bread bakes. When you return, your house will smell delicious and a treat will be ready for you to consume. This bread freezes well for up to 3 months.

Pumpkin Bread with Butter

1 comment:

amanda said...

I was thinking of making pumpkin smoothies in my vitamix. Glad I'm not the only one thinking pumpkin in July :)

 
Rebecca Mongrain's Blog © 2013.

Design by The Blog Boat