Wednesday, August 07, 2013

The Wednesday Links from Around The Web 8.7.2013


Skyline #fmsphotoaday

George Saunders's Advice to Graduates and really this advice can apply to anyone at any point in their lives. 

Teach your children about Don't

How to talk to your daughter about her body THIS! This is so important! I remember my Mom grabbing the fat on her stomach and telling me how gross it was. Instead I wish she had pointed out how though her stomach was no longer flat, it had grown two children in it and had the tiger marks to prove it, how even though it wasn't perfect, it was her stomach. I try to think about this when Molly sees me weigh myself. I let her weigh herself and I always pronounce it the perfect weight for a strong, growing girl. 

I do not want my daughter(s) to be nice!  I want them to be strong, confident and kind but never nice, just to be nice. I want them to know that you do not have to smile at anyone ever but I also want them to understand that being kind when someone needs it is the best thing you can ever do. 

Dirt-loving girls grow up healthier and happier! I think Molly is going to be the healthiest and happiest girl out there then. She has a love for playing in the dirt and smearing it everywhere. 

It might be time for a digital detox. We're going to the Oregon coast in a few weeks and I might just take the opportunity to go offline for a few days. Really soak in time with the family. I'll line up some posts on the blog to keep with my blog goals but otherwise I think I'll do my best to stay offline. 

Watch this Mumford & Sons are really hitting it out of the park with their videos and songs. Carefully watch the 'band' members. 

No comments:

 
Rebecca Mongrain's Blog © 2013.

Design by The Blog Boat