Thursday, September 05, 2013

Pinterest Thursday - How to Clean Your Dishwasher


My dishwasher is in need of some tender loving care so I decided to start by cleaning it. It works hard for my family. Tirelessly doing the dishes every night and never getting a moment for itself.  I was poking around my Pinterest boards when I stumbled upon this pin. I was excited because cleaning the dishwasher looked easy.

IMG_8420

The process was fairly easy but took a long time to complete. I first wiped out the dishwasher and then ran a cycle with a measuring cup of vinegar inside. Once that was done, I wiped it out again and ran another cycle with baking soda sprinkled around inside.

IMG_8423

Unfortunately my dishwasher leaked water during this process. I'm not sure if this is normal or not. It hasn't leaked water before and I run the dishwasher almost every night. I did not run it again last night with a full load but plan to later today when I can keep an eye on it. Leaking water can't be a good thing with a dishwasher!

I do have to say that the dishwasher seems cleaner now. I totally forgot to take an after shot and it is now filled with dirty dishes so just imagine it sparkling! This is something that I plan to do every quarter or so. Keeping one's dishwasher clean and happy can only help keep me happy!

No comments:

 
Rebecca Mongrain's Blog © 2013.

Design by The Blog Boat