Thursday, September 12, 2013

Pinterest Thursday - How to Clean Your Microwave


Last week I warmed up some food in the microwave and it exploded everywhere, leaving a gross, gross mess. I spent some time searching Pinterest for tips on cleaning your microwave with natural cleaners. I found some great tips! The only thing I didn't find was a kitchen robot to come and actually complete the cleaning. I'll just have to keep dreaming. 

IMG_8566

I started with this extremely dirty microwave and got to work! The pin I found said to take a cup of warm water and place one lemon, cut in half, in it. I didn't have any lemons so I decided that I'd use limes. I bought a big bag at Costco so I have a ton of limes around. I decided to use three since they were small. 

IMG_8567

IMG_8568

The pin said to set the microwave for 10 minutes but I got nervous and set it for 5 minutes. Then I set it again for 8 more minutes. The kitchen started to smell so good! After the second ding, I removed the cup and poured the limes and water down my garbage disposal with some baking soda to clean it out. I next wiped down the microwave and the stuck on grossness just melted off. Soon my microwave was sparking and ready to use again. Now if only I'd stop making food explode in my microwave. Until then, I now have an easy and natural cleaner for this circumstance. 

IMG_8570

No comments:

 
Rebecca Mongrain's Blog © 2013.

Design by The Blog Boat