Wednesday, September 25, 2013

The Wednesday Links from Around The Web 7.25.2013

Greenlake Ducks

Louis C. K. and his hatred of the smartphone Hilarious and Brilliant! "You need to build an ability to just be yourself and not be doing something. That's what the phones are taking away, is the ability to just sit there. That's being a person. Because underneath everything in your life there is that thing, that empty—forever empty. That knowledge that it's all for nothing and that you're alone. It's down there." 

Why Cooking Can Save Our Lives I cook about 90% of the food that we eat in our household and it feel necessary to me. I make most of that food from scratch and you know what, it tastes better and is cheaper. Cooking makes me feel connected to what I am consuming to energize my body. It makes things better. 

The newborn haze I'm getting ready for this. I remember so clearly how hard it was last time and it's going to be both harder and easier this time. I just need to remember that you do leave the haze behind in due time and to enjoy each moment as they come. 

Pondering Fingerless Mitts How do you feel about them? I personally LOVE them but need to remedy the fact that I do not have nearly enough of them. Good thing I knit and can fix this problem quickly.

Homemade Fruit and Nut Bars Emily makes the most delicious vegetarian food and I've been digging deep into her recipes since Scott has started his trial as a vegetarian. These bars look delicious and are now on my list to make.   

Designer Spotlight with Cirilia Rose I love Cirilia style and her passion for knitting. She's a wonderful designer. One day I want to grow up to be like her. 

No comments:

 
Rebecca Mongrain's Blog © 2013.

Design by The Blog Boat