Friday, October 11, 2013

Freezer Meal Round-Up

Freezer Veggie Burritos in the House!

Last week I posted about making a few Freezer Meals and since then, I've become obsessed with collecting freezer meal recipes. I made a HUGE batch of Freezer Veggie Burritos for Scott and a big batch of meat burritos for me. I've also made a board on Pinterest and grandiose plans! I thought I'd share some of my plans today since I don't have a recipe to share due to the aforementioned obsession with Pinning recipes.

TPW_9464 Photo Credit: Pioneer Woman

The very first place I'd direct you is The Pioneer Woman's post on Freezer Meals. She included best tips on freezing along with some great recipes. I'm planning on making the Sour Cream Noodle Bake, Easy Calzones and the Spicy Dr. Pepper Pulled Pork.

Photo Credit: Baked in the South

I found this great blog with a big ole stack of crockpot freezer recipes which really pairs my two cooking loves together! The Mexican Chicken Soup looks delicious along with the Slow Cooker Meatloaf,  Loaded Baked Potato Soup and Cheesy Loaded Ravioli.

Photo Credit Money Saving Mom

I'm also planning on making this Chicken Broccoli Rice Casserole. It looks easy and will be so scrumptious in January!

Five Freezer Meals

I've really been focusing on dinner foods but I also need to start thinking about breakfasts and lunch along with snacks. I'll probably bake up some muffins and pancakes as those freeze really well. I'm also planning to start up my daily oatmeal after the baby is born. Additionally I'll be making a batch or two of Lactation Cookies and freezing the dough. For lunches, we can probably get away with a bunch of soup recipes and panini sandwiches. We have a great panini grill that Scott loves using and I do love a warm grilled cheese sandwich with a tasty soup.

YIIP: Day 88

Now that I've got a good selection of freezer meal recipes to choose from, I need to make up a realistic assembly plan. I'm thinking of making two recipes a week. It's completely do-able at nap time and not too exhausting. What are some of your favorite freezer meals? What are some of your freezer meal tips?

No comments:

 
Rebecca Mongrain's Blog © 2013.

Design by The Blog Boat