Tuesday, November 05, 2013

Where I Write


As the pregnant mother of a toddler, I write when and where ever I can. I usually write during nap time but sometimes nap.time doesn't go as planned so I write while Molly rampages around me. Nap time is sacred time for me. It's when I write blog posts, do my work for Molly's co-op, get chores done, make any phone calls that need to be made and if I am lucky, relax a little bit before my little whirlwind wakes up. 


I write in the basement in my craft room/office/guest room. It's a quiet place (though often a bit cold) where I can disappear for an hour or two. The best part about it is that it is underneath Molly's room so I can hear her when she wakes up but she can't hear me when I'm hiding out. Unfortunately this room still has some work to be done before I can say it officially finished and my desk area is a true disaster!  

I also am in desperate need of a new computer. The screen on my laptop died shortly before Molly was born so I've been tied to the desk with an external monitor. The poor thing is starting to slow down and I can hear it gasping for breathe. My computer has served me very well though so I can't complain too much. I'm hoping to get a Macbook Air for my Christmas/Birthday gift. With a newborn in the house, it will be wonderful to have a portable computer again. 

NaBloPoMo November 2013


No comments:

 
Rebecca Mongrain's Blog © 2013.

Design by The Blog Boat