Thursday, December 05, 2013

Pinterest Thursday - Rice Foot Warmer


A friend of mine had a baby a few weeks ago and when I delivered food to her house, I decided to include a small gift just for her! This was a fun and easy gift to make. I'm already plotting additional gifts for these! 

Untitled

I started by making the muslin bag but I didn't have any muslin so I used some plain cotton in yellow. I cut and sewed the edges before filling it with rice. I did overfill the bag because I didn't have a bag that was the exact measurement as the pin suggested. I think this would be a great place to add some essential oil too. I didn't this time but plan to the next time I make these. 

Untitled

After filling the inner bag, I got to work on the outside, more decorative bag. I found some pretty cotton fabric that reminded me of my friend. I also think fleece fabric would be a wonderful and cozy fabric for this project.
Untitled

Untitled

Cutting and sewing the outer pieces took me literally minutes. I think one could do a bunch of these in no time at all if they were organized and had the appropriate space. 

Untitled

This project took me about 30 minutes from start to finish, mainly because I didn't have anything set up. Next time I suspect I'll be able to get these done faster! 


No comments:

 
Rebecca Mongrain's Blog © 2013.

Design by The Blog Boat