Friday, January 17, 2014

Acceptance

Maggiesleeps

I've been reading about people selecting a word to represent 2014 which got me thinking about what my word would be. At first, I thought, "Survival" and yes that will be true. Surviving this year will be a key. Two kids is a hurricane of awesome, terrible kid-ness. Then I thought, Growth but eh, it didn't feel exactly right. I know that I will have a lot of growth this year but really survival will be bigger.

Then I started thinking about all the things people have been doing for my family lately and how I have a really hard time accepting help. I like to be the one to help people. I'm not very good at being the one who is being helped which led me to the word, Acceptance. I'm learning to accept help. I'm learning to accept the chaos of two kids. I'm learning to accept that I have little control over my own schedule right now.

Untitled

This year will be about learning to accept more, especially help. I have such wonderful friends who have all been offering their help and in the spirit of this year, I've been busy accepting it. A friend wants to bring me food, SURE! A friend wants to take Molly for a playdate so I can concentrate on Maggie's feeding, SURE! A friend wants to empty the dishwasher, SURE (even though this is REALLY HARD FOR ME!)

I will also be accepting that life is going to be crazy for the next while and that I may not accomplish all that I want to accomplish or do all that I want to or heck even get to shower every day but I will accept all the love I have in my life and all the wonder that comes with it. I will also accept that sometimes when raising children, they do things their own way which is not necessarily the easiest way to do things nor the way I'd prefer to do things.

Untitled

Do you have a hard time with acceptance? How would you incorporate acceptance into your life?

No comments:

 
Rebecca Mongrain's Blog © 2013.

Design by The Blog Boat