Saturday, January 04, 2014

Two Weeks with Chicken Nugget

MaggieWeek2

I can't believe that it has already been two weeks with Maggie and I also can't believe that it has only been two weeks with Maggie. I feel like she's been with us no time at all and forever.

Scott has nicknamed her, "Sleeping Beauty" due to all the sleep this child gets. One day we are going to look back on this and miss the sleepy days. We saw the lacation consultant again this week (I sense that we're going to be seeing them for a bit) and she gave me so much hope. She thinks Maggie will outgrown her latch problems and said that my side of Team Boob was in good shape. It's funny, with Molly, all the breastfeeding issues were on my side. Molly was an excellent breastfeeding partner. This time around, Maggie has the challenges but I'm hopeful that she'll get past them. The LC has assured me that she will.

We went out for sushi lunch today. Maggie slept through lunch while Molly chowed down on avocado rolls. It was nice getting out of the house even if it required massive coordination and organization. We started getting ready to go out at 8 a.m. for an 11:30 a.m. lunch.

This week has been a bit of a groundhog's dog. It's a 24 hour cycle of try to breastfeed (sometimes we have success!), feed Maggie and pump. Then I have about 30 minutes to eat, shower, clean up, etc. before starting the cycle all over again. Luckily since Maggie is such a good sleeper, I have a longer stretches at night. I'm still having to set my alarm to wake her up to eat so I'm taking advantage of the situation and getting a 3 hour stretch and a 4 hour stretch of sleep. The first few weeks are always so hard but so important to getting the breastfeeding relationship on track. I also know that this too shall pass and soon Maggie will be bigger and I'll miss the squishy little Maggie I have now.

Maggieyawns

No comments:

 
Rebecca Mongrain's Blog © 2013.

Design by The Blog Boat