Thursday, March 13, 2014

Tales from the Playroom

WHAT? We have a cat? WE HAVE TWO CATS?

Scott and I were talking the other day about when Molly discovered that we had cats. She was beside herself with JOY! I think her entire body shook with excitement. Molly's love for our cats continues to grow and we are now waiting for the day that Maggie discovers our cats. If she follows the same timeline as her sister, that should happen in about a month or so.

photo

When she was younger, Molly's adoration for our cats didn't stop with them, it also found its way to their food. When she first began to crawl, she quickly found their food bowls and had to have a taste (ewwwww!). Luckily as she's grown, her taste for cat food has diminished which is good as I found her love of the kitty kibble to be quite gross. Her current fascination is to sort the cat food into various play kitchen bowls. So that's better, right? 

7:35 a.m. Molly feeds the cats #adayinthelifephotochallenge

One of my favorite things to watch is when Molly (rarely) traps Kato in her room (he's not allowed in there due to his poor behavior choices when left in the room). I've watched them over the monitor as she tries to dress him up and get him to perform according to her demands. It reminds me of when I used to dress up my cats and dog as a kid. My Mom said she would hear animal noises coming from my room and my little voice saying, "No! Be a good kitty/doggie" before the door would open and animals in various states of dress would come bursting out. I could be found running after them, yelling "COME BACK!" I secretly hope that Molly follows my lead and dresses up the cats one day. And if Molly doesn't, maybe her little sister, Maggie will. 

This trip down memory lane is inspired by Dropcam, the cloud-based Wi-Fi video monitoring service. 

No comments:

 
Rebecca Mongrain's Blog © 2013.

Design by The Blog Boat