Saturday, March 15, 2014

Twelve Weeks with Chicken Nugget

maggie12weeks

Twelve weeks! I can't believe that Maggie is already 12 weeks old. We celebrated today by going to Maggie's second knitting festival (because we like to go to knitting festivals). Maggie is growing by leaps and bounds. She is becoming stronger everyday and is so busy right now trying to sit up. She's at that stage where she wants to be sitting up but doesn't have the core muscles to do it. She spends a lot of time sitting up in my lap. 

maggie12happy

We're also at a goal point in our breastfeeding journey. I said I would keep trying to get Maggie to breastfeed until she was 12 weeks old. We've been trying and she's been sounding against breastfeeding. We've had some successes along the way but honestly Maggie prefers the bottle and is not a great breastfeeder. Looks like I'm an exclusive pumper and that is what it is. My new goal is to make it to 6 months of pumping (three more to go!) and then I'll re-evaluate from there. 

Untitled

Maggie tried out her highchair this week but was pretty unimpressed. I was happy that she could sit in it instead of in my lap. I'll get a hot meal yet!

maggie12smile

Maggie continues to be an awesome sleeper and a pretty chill lady. She is becoming more interactive though. I put some toys on the handle of her carseat today. While at a stoplight, I glanced back at her in the car. She was busy kicking her feet and laughing at her owl toys. It was frankly adorable! 

No comments:

 
Rebecca Mongrain's Blog © 2013.

Design by The Blog Boat