Friday, April 25, 2014

2014 Garden Plans

Untitled

I've wanted to plant a garden at our house for the past three summers but pregnancy, babies and life have stopped me. This year, I am not letting anything get in my way of a vegetable garden. 

Untitled

Earlier this month, Scott and I escaped to Home Depot without the girls and procured some great raised garden boxes. The next day, Molly helped me dig out the spots for them near our patio. I've been studying the light for the past few summers and this is the sunniest spot in our yard. The previous owners grew tomatoes here so I have high hopes for this area. 

Untitled

Now that I've gotten my boxes set up, I need to fill them with dirt and then start planting! I've been researching different delivery options for the 45 cubic feet of compost soil that I need for my gardens. The hard part is that most delivery places have a minimum order of 2 cubic yards which is about 1/2 cubic yard more than I need. I'm trying to decide if I could find a use for the extra soil. I'm also considering having landscape mulch delivered as we need to re-bark our yard. 

Untitled

Once I have the soil delivered, hopefully next week! I'll be ready to start planting my garden! I forgot how much work goes into setting up and planning one's garden but it's been fun. Next up, what I'm planning to grow! 

No comments:

 
Rebecca Mongrain's Blog © 2013.

Design by The Blog Boat