Sunday, June 01, 2014

Twenty Three Weeks with Chicken Nugget

Maggie23weeks

Maggie started solids this week! After last week's love affair with a peach, I decided to jump on it and start solids. I wasn't sure if Maggie was ready and so was willing to try but back off if needed. Well I haven't had to back off at all! Maggie loves her food. 

Untitled

We started with some sweet potatoes. Maggie got so excited that she stole the spoon and got mad when she had eaten all the sweet potatoes off the spoon. I had to wrestle it back so I could reload it. There was some definite squawking when I did that. 

Untitled

I also started offering Maggie a straw cup with water at meal times. I know she's gotten some water once or twice due to the look of surprise on her face. Hilarious! I'm not expecting that she'll get much at this point but I want her to get used to the idea of a cup. I'll also introduce an open cup in the next few weeks. 

Untitled

On Saturday, I introduced avocado to Maggie and like her sister, she loved it! It was fun watching her face as she noticed the new flavor. So far, solids are going well. We'll be taking it slow (even though I want to dive in full force) as I know that is best for Maggie. 

Untitled

The other exciting thing that happened this week is that Molly and Maggie were playing together! It was adorable to watch Molly show Maggie her toys and then Maggie playing with them with interest. 

No comments:

 
Rebecca Mongrain's Blog © 2013.

Design by The Blog Boat