Monday, November 24, 2014

Thanksgiving Prep: Day One

chop

Today is a slow start toward preparing for Thanksgiving. I had a small list of to-do's in regards to food prep but a HUGE list when it comes to preparing the house for guests.

bakingsheet

My food list included starting to defrost the turkey and cubing the bread loaves to start drying them out in the oven. I set the oven to warm (170F) and spread the bread out in a single layer on cookie sheets. I left the cookie sheets in the oven for a few hours and then put the dried bread cubes into a big roaster pan for storage.

defrostturkey

I brought the turkey out of the basement chest freezer and placed it in the fridge to begin the defrost process. I am behind on the defrosting process so I'll be combining the two safe methods for defrosting a turkey

cutbread

I also started scrubbing down the kitchen. I find it so much easier to work in a super clean kitchen when preparing a big meal like Thanksgiving. Ideally my kitchen would always be super, sparkly clean but when preparing three meals a day for four humans, at times it needs a bit of Mr. Clean cleaning. I'm also preparing to tackle the mess in the dining room. I've created a mission control station at the end of the table and that needs to be cleared out. I'm hoping to really tackle it once the kids are in bed this evening because nap time is almost over and that means my prep time is at an end. What are you doing to prepare for Thanksgiving?


No comments:

 
Rebecca Mongrain's Blog © 2013.

Design by The Blog Boat