Tuesday, February 03, 2015

Knitting Drama

mollydress12

Every year for the girl's birthday, I knit them a sweater. This year, Molly helped me with the decision process and even picked out the yarn for her sweater. I cast on later and knit furiously along. I didn't finish the sweater in time for her birthday and now three months later, it is still not done. I ran into a big snag.

mollydress8

The dress looks adorable on Molly, just adorable. I know that blocking will make the length perfect. The sleeves feel a wee bit short but again, I think that will be ok.

mollydress9

So what is the snag? Why haven't I finished this sweater dress which is about 95% done?

mollydress13

It's the shoulders! They are too short and look weird! Normally I'd just knit some more but the shoulder construction requires a bit of thinking and honestly, I just haven't had the brain power to figure out the shoulders and stripe combination. 

mollydress10

Am I being picky? Should I just sew on the buttons, block the crap out of this and weave in the ends? If I wait much longer, this isn't going to fit Molly anymore. Is this a project that I just need to say GOOD ENOUGH and move on? What would you do? 

No comments:

 
Rebecca Mongrain's Blog © 2013.

Design by The Blog Boat