Thursday, March 19, 2015

In Sickness

Untitled

This past weekend, the flu hit our household like a tornado. I did six loads of laundry on Saturday after spending most of the previous night in the ER with Maggie. The poor thing was super dehydrated. Scott stayed home with Molly. They spent the night cuddled together on the couch.

Untitled

As I drove Maggie to the ER on Friday night (and then again on Saturday night), I thought about how different it is for the second kid. The first kid gets both parents to drive them to the doctor. The second kid doesn't get that luxury because someone has to stay with the first. Maggie didn't get the panic that one has with first children. I knew she was sick. I knew she needed fluids but wasn't in crisis. I was able to calmly drive her somewhere that she could get the help she needed. I felt terrible that she was so sick though.

Untitled

Maggie found our second visit to the ER to be of great entertainment. I found our 5 hour wait to see the doctor to be long and arduous.

Untitled

One thing I learned through this long, sick weekend is that my family really pulls together when we are all sick. Scott and I did what we could to keep afloat and the kids recognized that they needed to rest. We spent all of our very rainy Sunday in our PJs lounging on the couch with books, lots of liquids and blankets. If we hadn't been sick, it would have been a great day. Maybe someday soon we'll have another rainy day inside with books, blankets and treats but without any sickness. 

One excellent fact is that we are all on the mend. We're getting better and putting this all behind us.

Edit: I'm excited to share my first article with Seattle Refined with all of you - A beginner's guide to Barre ! Fun fact, I wrote this over the weekend while in the depths of illness. Luckily I had already done all the research. 

No comments:

 
Rebecca Mongrain's Blog © 2013.

Design by The Blog Boat