Tuesday, March 24, 2015

Molly's First Movie Theatre Experience

Untitled

On Saturday, I took Molly to see Home. I had some free screening passes and after talking to Scott, we decided it would be a good risk. I told Molly that we were going to the theatre and that she'd get popcorn. I think that was the one thing she remembered because as soon as we arrived, she wanted to know where her popcorn was. She also wanted to know why the lights were dimming when the movie started. I told her it was all part of the experience.

Untitled

The movie was super cute and the alien is played by my favorite tv star, Jim Parsons. The only downside was that it was in 3-D which meant we had to wear 3-D glasses. Molly would not keep hers on and kept telling me that the screen was blurry. I kept telling her to put on the glasses. 

Untitled

Our movie experience went better than I honestly expected. Molly sat in her seat and only had to go to the bathroom once. She did want to talk throughout the entire movie but so did the other kids in the theatre. She got scared once and asked for a cuddle on my lap. When we got home, she excitedly told Scott all about the movie. Scott asked if he could take her to a movie in the near future and she said, "No. Mommy takes me to movies." Well, Daddy is actually more the movie person so I think they will be checking out a movie together in the near future. We'll see if it goes as well the second time.

No comments:

 
Rebecca Mongrain's Blog © 2013.

Design by The Blog Boat