Friday, April 17, 2015

The 100 Day Project

100 Days of Swatching

On April 7th (a day late), I dove into the 100 Day Project with 100 Days of Swatching. It fits nicely in with my goal of completing the TKGA Master Knitting Level 1 project.

I'm a day late but I'm jumping in with the #100daysproject! I'll be doing 100 days of swatching which corresponds with my goal of completing the TKGA Master Knitter 1 program. #100daysofswatching

The basic premise is to make something everyday for 100 days. I decided on swatching because I need to submit 17 perfect swatches for the TKGA Master Knitting Level 1 project and I've found that repetition leads to better knitting for me. I calculated that I need to do 5 swatches for each perfect swatch which will give me 85 swatches and leaves me with 15 swatches to do however I see fit. I've already done 3 swatches of my 15 for fun and have been concentrating on knitting up swatch #1 this week. I'm currently working on the 5th one. I'm hoping one of them feels perfect to me. 

5:14 pm Swatching while the girls eat dinner #adayinthelifephotochallenge #100daysofswatching

I'm documenting my efforts on Instagram and keeping an album on Flickr.  I'm using the hashtag #100daysofswatching along with the group hashtag of #100daysproject. Check out the other projects under that second hashtag. Some of the projects are quite intensive and all of them impress me. 

Inspiration #fmsphotoaday #100daysproject #100daysofswatching

Other misc. details: Most of my swatches are being knit in Cascade 220 Ivory. It's what I'm using to submit my watches for TKGA as it fits nicely into their requirements. It also shows off knit stitches in an exceptional way. 

No comments:

 
Rebecca Mongrain's Blog © 2013.

Design by The Blog Boat