Monday, April 27, 2015

This Moment

Untitled

This morning, I got up at 5:15 a.m. after only 6 hours of sleep. It was a hard wake-up especially since Maggie had been up twice the night before and then joined us at 3 a.m. to snuggle into our bed. Still I arose. The birds were chirping and the sun was just starting to peek out. I slipped on my workout gear, brushed my teeth and grabbed my keys. I stopped to snap a picture of the lilacs, I had picked the afternoon before. 


I headed to barre3 class and watched the sun rise over the hills. I love the drive to barre3 in the morning. Few people are out and now that we are closer to Summer than Winter, the sun is gorgeous in the morning. I made it through my workout and headed home to my family. 

Untitled

Maggie greeted me at the door with a huge roar and a smile. She leapt into my arms and laughed when I said I needed coffee. I chatted with Scott as I got everyone ready for the day. Scott headed to work while the girls and I headed to Greenlake. We met a friend who I haven't seen in a long time but adore. We caught up on life, had a few laughs and strolled around the lake. I'm always left feeling a peace when I see this friend. She's a wise soul. I realized that these simple moments are what make up the joy of life. A simple stroll, a simple cup of coffee and some laughs can start off the week at the right pitch. The girls and I played at the playground after our walk and even ran into a friend from co-op. This afternoon will be spent catching up on work, naps and chores but after our simple, magical morning, we can take on the drudgery of daily life. 

No comments:

 
Rebecca Mongrain's Blog © 2013.

Design by The Blog Boat