Thursday, September 03, 2015

Pinterest Thursday - The Clean Car Edition

It's been a summer of awesome road trips, exciting adventures and spontaneous fun. While the girls and I have had the best time, my car has suffered. This past weekend, I told Scott that I needed a few hours to clean out my car. Armed with a great cleaner from Pinterest, I got to work.

carclean

I gathered my supplies, vacuum and carpet cleaner. I prepared myself and pulled out the car seats. Once I had the covers in the wash, I surveyed the car and made a plan. I vacuumed and vacuumed and vacuumed.

Untitled

My car was seriously gross. I'm a bit embarrassed by the photo above. I vacuumed for so long that a neighbor said he was worried about me since he had left, run some errands and came back to find me still hard at work. After vacuuming, I sprayed the cleaner from Pinterest on the seats. While it sat for a bit (the site said to let it sit for at least 3 minutes), I wiped down the doors and washed the windows. Then I got out my carpet cleaner and started sucking up all the dirt. I was amazed at the difference the cleaner made after just a few swipes with my machine. 

Untitled

Seriously the car looked so good! There was a bit of a vinegar smell for a few days but that is way better than the sour milk funk that invaded the car before. I re-installed the car seats and won't let the kids eat in the car for a few days. When I put the seats back in, I decided to turn Maggie around to face forward. It was a bittersweet moment. She's getting so big. It's official, we don't have any babies in this house.

Untitled

No comments:

 
Rebecca Mongrain's Blog © 2013.

Design by The Blog Boat