Thursday, June 09, 2016

Summer Goodness - Pico de Gallo

Day 2 of the #barre3challenge and I'm planning on having more of this awesome Pico de Gallo with lunch. This mornings class was perfectly challenging. Now to take on today's remaining challenges. (Read more about my challenge on the blog - link in profile

Summer has hit Seattle hard this week which has me scooping up mounds of Pico de Gallo. I love the simplicity of the flavors mixed with the sharp tang of the lime. I love making a big batch of this and adding it to everything throughout the week. I've also discovered that yes, while delicious with tortilla chips, Pico de Gallo is fantastic with vegetable crudites and way healthier that way. It also means I have ZERO guilt shoveling this in my mouth while watching the kids cool off in the pool in the backyard. 
Untitled

Tomatoes are one of my favorite foods and summer tomatoes are delicious. I'm especially into the cherry tomato varieties that come in a rainbow of colors. 
Day 22 #barre3challenge I am addicted to the Pico de Gallo (sans mangos) from week 1 and keep making it. So good!


This Pico de Gallo screams summer to me. I think it is the combination of summery flavors and the lovely tomatoes. Make a batch for your next backyard BBQ and watch your friends swoon over this. It's so simple but don't tell them that. Let them think you slaved over this creation for hours. 

Untitled




Pico de Gallo

Ingredients
2 cups cherry tomatoes, chopped
1/4 cup red onion, finely chopped
1/4 cup cilantro leaves, finely chopped
2 Tbs. fresh lime juice
1/4 tsp. coarse kosher salt

Directions

1. Mix everything together and let sit for at least 10 minutes before enjoying. Serve with vegetables for a healthier bang!


Untitled


No comments:

 
Rebecca Mongrain's Blog © 2013.

Design by The Blog Boat