Saturday, July 16, 2016

Week in Review - 7.16.16

Untitled

We've been on vacation all week but I haven't let that get in the way of exercise or eating healthy food. This much-needed break has been fantastic for us. We deliberately choose a low-key vacation to recharge, reconnect and just be. 


Untitled

Exercise

On Monday, I took a SUP Paddleboard lesson with SUP Manzanita and it was awesome! I had a group lesson with another Manzanita resident, Ken. We had a great time out there paddling and neither one of us took a spill in the water. Paddleboarding was harder than I anticipated though and really hurt my feet. My shoulders were so sore the next day. 

On Tuesday, I did a boot camp workout before the family woke up and on Wednesday we went on a hike. While we didn't make it as far as I had hoped, we still had a great time. Thursday and Friday were spent walking miles of beaches and keeping it low-key. While I didn't exercise as much as I usually do, I still kept myself active and made sure to get my 10,000 steps in a day. 


Untitled

Food

We rented a beach house which meant we had a full kitchen available to us. We had lots of salads for lunch and simple breakfasts but ate out for dinner a lot. 

Untitled

I did make the most amazing nachos for dinner one night and we had HUGE burritos for lunch one day. We may have been eating a bit too well. Back to salads all the time next week! 

Untitled


beachdays

The Girls

The girls are LOVING the beach and having the best time. I think they also love having both Scott and I around all the time. It's been great to hang out as a family. While we may have sand in more places that I could ever imagine, it has been so much fun watching my kids exploring their little hearts out. 


Project 52 - Week 18

Other Goings On


There isn't much other to report on this week! We've been relaxing, going for beach walks, flying kites and just enjoying our time as a family. It's been wonderful! On Thursday the girls discovered a deeper section of tide pools and spent time entertaining the beach goers with their enthusiastic dives into the water. They were absolutely covered in sand and salt water by the end and happier than they've ever been. 


tide

KiteFlyer

No comments:

 
Rebecca Mongrain's Blog © 2013.

Design by The Blog Boat