Saturday, August 27, 2016

Week in Review - 8.27.16

thegirls19

It was quite a week. It was an easier week than last but still quite a week. I'm looking forward to school officially starting so there is more of a routine in our lives. I also think the heat is getting to the kids because they are WILD and I am tired from being hot. 

Exercise


Untitled

Exercise was ok this week. I got my three bootcamps in along with one barre3 session. I ended up skipping the CorePower Yoga Sculpt class I had planned due to needing more sleep. This week I'm tackling sleep and steps as my exercise goals along with my usual 5 classes in a week. I'm going to do my best to get 7.5 hours of sleep a night along with 12,000 steps a day.

Food

Untitled

Food was good this week. I made a meal on Monday to deliver to a co-op friend who just had a baby. It was delicious and I need to recreate it so I can share the recipe. I'm working on getting back on track for monthly meal planning. I'm planning out my September meals this weekend so I can shop wiser and eat better. I need to also get back to weekly meal prep. 

The Girls


#100daysofsummer to Maggie's last day with her wonderful caregiver, Anoop. She's been going to Anoop's once a week, since she was 9 months old. We're going to miss her! #timeforpreschool

Maggie had her last day with her wonderful caregiver who she has been going to once a week since she was 9 months old. I almost cried saying goodbye but I'm excited for Maggie's next adventure at preschool (and excited about one drop-off). 

Untitled

Molly jumped into soccer this week and played her heart out. She was so excited and played under the hot sun for an hour. She was quite thirsty when we got home.

threegirls

We had my niece stay over on Friday and I took them to Discovery Park for a photo shoot. It was basically horrible. Three overtired children running in three different directions. I couldn't get them all to smile at the same time. I have some photos that would be great if my children weren't sticking out their tongues or making faces. Ugh! I promised them ice cream if they were good and ended up giving them some even though they weren't really that good. I'll just have to try again. Photographing one's own children is HARD! 

Other Goings On


2-35pm

I had some more Puget Sound Kombucha delivered and it was perfect for this warm week. I'm pumped that their kickstarter was funded. I spent three days trying to catch a wild chicken that was camped out in the ravine near our house. I never caught him.

Stories Published


Untitled
(Image: Brooks Running)

I had the best time working with Brooks Running for this week's story in Seattle Refined - 7 fall workout clothes for the 7 types of athletes. I want all these looks even if I am not all these types of athletes.

No comments:

 
Rebecca Mongrain's Blog © 2013.

Design by The Blog Boat