Saturday, October 15, 2016

Week in Review - 10.15.16

Untitled

I started my Sync Transformation Program this week and it has been awesome so far. I also attended my first Board of Directors meeting for the girl's preschool and did not expect it to go on for so long. We were at the school until almost 10:30 p.m. which is way past my bedtime. 

Exercise

weights

I had a strong week of exercise. I did three boot camps and one yoga sculpt session at Core Power Yoga. I had planned to do a barre3 workout but had to skip it due to the late night BOD meeting. I'm hoping to get in one more workout later today but we shall see if I do. PT has great this week and I was sent home with homework which I've been diligently doing.

Food

Untitled

I've been obsessed with lox on toast with cream cheese and cucumber all week. I didn't have it for breakfast today and I'm so sad! It's the perfect breakfast for me right now and I totally stocked up on smoked salmon when I was at Costco earlier this week. 

Untitled

I tried a new coffee drink this week too. My friend suggested that I get a Disco Pony at the local coffee shop and let's just say between the lox and this drink, I'm obsessed! A Disco Pony is an americano with sparkling water, lemon zest and cream. It's utterly fantastic.

The Girls


Untitled

The girls had a pretty regular week. We had a crazy storm system start up on Friday morning so I took them to Elevate Sports to get their energy out. Their cousin came along to join us and I had a great time catching up with my SIL. The kids had a great time and zonked out on the way home. Normally I freak out if they nap because it means they won't go to bed on time but last night they had Parent's Night Out at the school and don't get picked up until 10 p.m. (they won't let us come a minute sooner) so I decided the car nap was a great idea. 

I've also decided to stop doing the Simply Learning Preschool. The girls are no longer interested and she changed her format to a more Pinterest-y concept which means a lot more prep time. The girls are still doing their workbooks though as they each have 45 minutes of waiting at ballet so it gives us something fun to do. 

Other Goings On


Untitled

Scott and I started watching Westworld and it is so good. I actually want to re-watch the first two episodes again to see what I missed. I highly suggest this show if you get a chance. I also admitted to myself that I have WAY too many books in my To Be Read pile and buckled down on my reading. This stormy weather is helping me out with lots of reading. 

Stories Published

IMG_2214

Seattle Refined: 5 Splendid Fall Foliage Hikes
 Seattle Refined: Prepare yourself and build a 72-hour disaster emergency survival kit (repost)

No comments:

 
Rebecca Mongrain's Blog © 2013.

Design by The Blog Boat