Tuesday, January 31, 2017

Monthly Goal Check-In (January)

Greenlake

Seriously, it is the end of January and I'm not sure how that happened! The last two weeks have been extremely distracting and I've been busy politically. Additionally, I have made great progress on my 2017 goals this month. 


Untitled

2017 Goals

1. Workout 217 times in 2017 - I worked out 24 times in January which means I have 193 more workouts to complete this year. 


2. Participate in the Year of Creativity - This month was all about inspiration. I spent most of it finding inspiration and reading. I spent a few evenings with the workbook and thought about where to find my inspiration. I pretty much learned that I need to let it in. I need to sit quietly and let it come to me. That is really hard though. You can see my photo essay here.

3. Shoot one roll of film a month - January's Roll was taken at Greenlake when it was frozen over and glorious! I was pleased that most of my shots turned out too. 

4. Complete TKGA Master Knitting Level I - I didn't work on this goal this month. 

5. Finish my Miter Square Blanket. I knit 3 squares this month before getting sidelined with PussyHats. I have 33 of the 60 total squares to go and it is looking good!

6. Read 52 books. - I read 5 books this month and will post a book report later this week. This means I have 47 books to read to achieve this goal. 

7. Finish up various House Projects - I settled on a color to paint the kitchen and bathroom. I started the prep work on the kitchen and plan to paint it in February. We also started discussing a basement remodel so I've spent some good time on Pinterest gathering inspiration. 

8. Catch up on my yearly photo books of the girls - I started gathering images into (private) albums on Flickr so I can make books from there. I have about 4 years of images to sort through but I'd like to get a few books done with my free coupons that expire in March. 

9. Become more politically active and work to be the change in my community - I went to the Womxn's March with my family on 1/21 and have been busy calling/writing my representatives. Scott has also started being more active and went to a march by him self recently. 

10. Learn how to make a really good stock - This has been incredibly successful! I have totally conquered Chicken and Veggie stock. I look forward to attending pork and beef stock in the coming months. 

Bonus Goal: Grow two new crops in my garden and add some chickens to my flock. - These goals can't really be addressed until Spring though I am pouring over seed catalogs and making plans. 

Untitled

No comments:

 
Rebecca Mongrain's Blog © 2013.

Design by The Blog Boat