Monday, January 09, 2017

Peanut Butter and Jelly Drumsticks



PB&J drums

Sports season is here! OK for some people, sports season started in September but at my house, we're not big sports people, except when our local home team (Go Hawks!) starts looking like they might be headed to the Super Bowl. Then my husband starts watching parts of a football game and soon, he's watching the entire game and shushing the kids. After awhile, I begin to wonder what the fuss is and there you go, Sports Season is here! What I never forget about is sports food which I dearly love. I, especially love chicken drumsticks so when I was at Target last week with Maggie, using my Cartwheel app which I'm seriously addicted to and noticed that I could get 5% off Jif and Smucker's products, a lightbulb went off in my head. 

TargetMags

Maggie and I spent a lot of time last week getting the family back into the groove after the holidays and she was more than happy to accompany me to Target while her sister was at school. 


Targetjam

We loaded up the cart with Jif and Smucker's products along with some other essentials. We may have headed to Target twice last week which thrilled Molly since she got to accompany me on our second trip. 


Untitled

I don't shop in many stores in person but Target is my one true love and now that I've discovered the Cartwheel app, it's almost as if they recognized our mutual affection for each other. But I digress, I was in the peanut butter and jelly aisle where I believe most of our family's food budget goes when my handy app let me know that I could save 5% on Jif and Smucker's products. I may have swooped a few right into my basket while Maggie was grabbing for some bread. Then I remembered sports season and its entry into my home and my love of sports food. I decided right then and there to attempt combining some of my family's favorite flavors with sports food and I came up with the best sports food ever. 


Untitled

Oh yes, I made Peanut Butter and Jelly Drumsticks and oh they are so good! The kids swear they taste just like a PB&J while I think they taste better. 




Untitled


Peanut Butter and Jelly Drumsticks
by Rebecca Mongrain
Prep Time: 1 hour +
Cook Time: 50 minutes
Ingredients (12 drumsticks)
  • 10 ounces Smucker's Squeeze Grape Jelly
  • 1/2 cup Jif Natural Creamy Peanut Butter
  • 1/4 cup red wine vinegar
  • 1/2 teaspoon hot pepper sauce
  • 1/2 teaspoon salt
  • 12 chicken drumsticks
  • Cilantro for garnish
Instructions
In a large bowl, combine the Smucker's Squeeze Grape Jelly, Jif Natural Creamy Peanut Butter, red wine vinegar, hot pepper sauce and salt to make the marinade.
Reserve 1/2 cup of the marinade and set aside.
Place the chicken drumsticks in a ziplock bag along with the marinade. Refrigerate for at least an hour or overnight.
Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
Arrange the drumsticks on a greased broiler pan or a greased rack over a foil-lined baking sheet. Bake for 30 minutes. Turn over each piece and baste with more sauce from the marinade bag (not the reserved sauce). Bake for another 20 minutes or until browned.
Once the chicken is finished baking, baste with the reserved sauce. Serve with cilantro as a garnish.
Powered by Recipage
Untitled

Don't forget to visit the Target Cartwheel landing page to save when purchasing your Smucker’s and Jif products.

No comments:

 
Rebecca Mongrain's Blog © 2013.

Design by The Blog Boat