Saturday, May 27, 2017

Week in Review 5.26.17

Untitled

It was a week! We had sleep shenanigans, Scott's birthday, so many activities, a lot of cold brew tasting and a bunch of fun! 

Untitled

Exercise

I was able to get in 5 workouts this week - 3 boot camps and 2 barre classes. I feel like I am back on my exercise game and while I am pretty darn tired, I am also so happy about it. We did this incredibly hard alphabet workout on Wednesday and I am still tired from it days later. Basically each letter of the alphabet has an exercise associated with it. You spell out your name or something else. My friend decided to just do all 26 exercises in a row. Her technique seemed a lot easier as I hunted for letters and added names to my name until time was up.

Untitled

We are away this weekend but I'm already planning ahead for my workouts next week. I'll be heading to boot camp, getting in a barre3 class (I have one more pass left on my pack and it expires soon) and hopefully conquering a SHIFT class. 

Untitled

Food

Scott's birthday was this week so the girls helped me make a carrot cake from Gimme Some Oven. The frosting was divine but my cake ended up a tad on the dry side. Next time I think I'll add a smidge more oil. It was really good otherwise and Scott was super impressed. I had fun baking with the girls even though it was a bit messy.

Untitled

Maggie and I tried out the new Poke place in Ballard called Poke Square. It was really good! My only complaint is that they only have two sizes - Regular and Large. Maggie can pack away a lot of poke but that adds up so I would have loved to have seen a side or a small so I could get her raw fish (which is all she loves) and I could have had my own bowl. Instead I ordered a large and we shared. 

Untitled

The new Amazon Fresh Pick-up location opened up which was perfect as I needed snacks and fruit for this weekend but had neglected to place a grocery order. I ordered our food this morning, selected a pick-up time and grabbed our food in just under 5 minutes. While I think I'll mainly use grocery delivery, I love having this option especially since there is no minimum and sometimes I just need $15 worth of groceries but I do not want to drag the kids into the store with me. 

Untitled

The Girls


Sleep is still broken but the girls are so much fun. They made birthday cards for Scott this week and really concentrated on them. They helped bake him a cake and did a lot of work cleaning up the house.

Untitled

Maggie is getting more excited about attending speech therapy and her language is getting so much better! She is so much easier to understand now and way less frustrated. 

Untitled

The ballet recital is coming up in a few weeks and we are all anxious for it. I'm ready to be done with dance for the summer and the girls are excited to wear their dance costumes. 

Untitled

Other Goings On

One of my new chickens started laying eggs and they are so wee. I believe it is Pinky Pie because Hai Hai is supposed to have green eggs. My neighbor is checking on the chickens for me this weekend and was excited to see the little egg. She loves birds so they are in for a treat!

Untitled

Book Bingo is back! I have a post planned for Monday with details but I've been reading like a mad woman and planning my attack. Also my car strangely repaired itself. About a month or so ago, I thought I tapped my neighbor's skinny tree when I was backing up but then decided I was imagining things. I drove to the gym and then saw that the corner of my bumper was totally caved in. I was so upset! This week I came out of the grocery story and almost walked past my car. The bumper was almost completely back to normal! There is a small ding if you really look at it but the bumper is back to normal. I told Scott that procrastination paid off big time in this case. 

Photo Credit: Helsing Junction Farms

Stories Published 

Seattle Refined: Weekly Produce Box Roundup (with AND without a commitment)

No comments:

 
Rebecca Mongrain's Blog © 2013.

Design by The Blog Boat