Saturday, June 24, 2017

Week in Review 6.24.17

Untitled

Scott comes home today after a week in Australia! I'm so excited to see him and honestly for another adult around the house. Being the one in charge of everything gets kinda exhausting. I especially missed Scott when I had to scoop the cat litter and take out the garbage. I missed him for other reasons too but the feelings of extreme sadness were around the cat litter clean-up. ha!

Untitled

Exercise

I missed bootcamp on Monday this week due my lack of getting my work done before my deadline so I worked hard to make for that later in the week. I went to 2 super hard boot camps, one of which we had to HOP UP A HILL! Seriously, that was intense. Then I got in a barre3 class in the studio with a new teacher who was so hard it was good. I'm starting to plan my workouts for our upcoming road trip and plan to do a post about my workout plans with links!

Untitled

Food


Untitled

I'm working on a story for healthy travel food and one of my twitter friends introduced me to Picky Bars. They are AMAZING and super healthy. I love bars that have natural ingredients that I can pronounce, are low sugar and taste great. These fit all those needs and have silly names.

Untitled

I prepped on Sunday for my solo week and it made a huge difference. I made Spicy California Shrimp Stack for lunches from Skinnytaste. For dinners, I made Blackened Shrimp Tacos from Budget Bytes and Lemon Ginger Meatballs from Nom Nom Paleo. We ate out on Thursday and I had pizza delivered on Friday which helped me limp to the finish line.

Untitled

I made yogurt in my InstantPot and it is delicious. Probably more work that I'll plan on doing most of the time but really good yogurt. I used this tutorial which was easy to understand. My best friend's Mom suggested it and she knows her stuff.

Untitled

The Girls

The girls continued with swim lessons this week and had their "last" day of preschool. They start the summer session on Tuesday so they'll be back for summer fun! Molly is going to be so sad on her true last day at preschool. She loves going there but is also looking forward to being a "big kid" and going to kindergarten. 


Untitled

Untitled

Untitled

On Friday, we spent most of the day swimming and it was so great! I somehow put way too much money on my swim card so I plan to have us at the pool as much as possible. Luckily we all love to swim!

Untitled

The girls were actually quite good while Scott was gone. They still struggled with bedtime. I think the daylight until forever is messing them up even though their room has blackout shades. They tried to keep the house clean and help me out which was very nice. 

Untitled

Other Goings On

I didn't really have to many other things going on this week. I was focused on keeping everything in motion and realizing how lucky I am to have Scott in my life. I also worked on our Summer Bucket List which I'll have a post this next week.

Stories Published 

Kayaks

Seattle Refined: Paddles Up! Here are the absolute best places to kayak around Seattle

No comments:

 
Rebecca Mongrain's Blog © 2013.

Design by The Blog Boat