Saturday, July 29, 2017

Week in Review 7.29.17

Untitled

We were home all week and it was fabulous! We're still settling back into our routine and conquering the laundry. Today is a bittersweet day. Today marks three years since my Dad died. We miss him everyday and the girls talk of him often. I know he would have loved adventuring with his grandkids. Today is also my good friend, Meg's birthday! Happy Birthday Meg! 

Untitled

Exercise

I eased myself back into exercise this week with three boot camp classes and one SHIFT class. SHIFT just kicks my ass in such a good way. I can only handle about one of them a week. Next week I plan to get back to my usual 5-6 workouts. I currently have four classes scheduled and need to figure out the other 1-2 classes. 



Untitled


Food

I spent so much of this week in the kitchen and I LOVED it. I started a sourdough starter on Monday and a batch of Kombucha on Thursday. My kitchen is a fermenting haven. I made pretzels with some discarded starter. My CSA gave me a huge bunch of tomatillos so I made a batch of salsa verde and canned it. I also bought a flat of blueberries that I need to cook up into jam. 



Untitled

I did not receive a One Potato order this week which was frustrating since I was positive that I ordered one. I'm trying again this week so we'll see if it works out this time around. Luckily I was able to order from Acme Farms and Kitchen to fill our dinner gaps. 



Untitled

I did however get my August Menu done and plan to do a big Costco shop next week to stock up for the month. 


Untitled

The Girls

Molly lost one of her top front teeth this week and we also saw the dentist for their 6 month check up on Friday. The dentist said she has a mature dental mouth and that we might need to do some ortho work in a year or two. $$$$$! 

Untitled

The girls marched with their preschool in the Greenwood Seafair Parade. It was a last minute decision to go so I was unprepared. The girls did great and turned around when we said it was time. It ended up being a fun evening, if a late one. 


Untitled

Maggie had her face painted on Thursday at school and now on Saturday, I am still wiping paint off. She's gone swimming twice and had two baths and yet, the paint continues! 

Untitled

Other Goings On

I'm still reading a lot and started 1984 this week. I can't believe I haven't read it before. It is AMAZING. 
I neglected to share this earlier but the Seattle Refined book club reviewed Elizabeth Strout's "Anything is Possible" and I had thoughts to share.

Stories Published

Untitled

No comments:

 
Rebecca Mongrain's Blog © 2013.

Design by The Blog Boat