Saturday, August 19, 2017

Week in Review 8.19.17


Untitled

This week felt like a whirlwind. Lewis, the new kitten got sick with a respiratory virus so I had to take him to the vet and then administer antibiotics along with probiotics and also a fun deworming medicine (that is sarcasm there)! He's doing a lot better but still has a few days on the meds. I set up a humidifier for him in the den and then told Scott I was officially a crazy cat lady. I think it helped him though! I also had to keep the cats apart so no further introductions were made. Mel-B did see him yesterday and quickly hissed so this might be a slow introduction. 


Untitled

Exercise

I got in 4 workouts this week - three boot camp classes and a barre3 class. Scott needed to travel on Thursday night which meant my Friday class was out. I hadn't planned well enough in the beginning of the week to get all my workouts in but 4 is still good! My friend, Shelly came to boot camp with me and had the best time. I love sharing Sync with friends. 



Untitled

Food

We had a lot of seafood this week but since we all like seafood that was a treat! We tried a new to us restaurant, The Ballard Bros. which was surprisingly good. The restaurant looks a bit sketchy but the food was so good. The fries were amazing. 


Molly's lunchbox came and we are ready to do a trial lunchbox run this week during Jump Start. She's super excited about her lunchbox and about bringing it to school which I hope keeps up as school goes on. I know we'll nail in in September but well things will slip in November. I also set up a lunch account for Molly. You can set up an electronic account and add money to it for school lunch which is so much simpler than when I was in school. I figure there will be days she wants school lunch or forgets it or something. This way she'll have funds for lunch. 

Untitled

The Girls

Both girls had their last week of outdoor swimming. We love the pool and instructors so much and will miss them. We'll be back next year though. Maggie moved up a level this week too which was exciting. 



Untitled

Molly had a big week with field trips and was therefore quite tired. It made her a bit of a pill. I think we are going to have a lot of exhaustion and emotional outbursts in the coming weeks with the transition to Kindergarten. I'm going to work to be extra gentle with Molly and even try to take her out on some one-on-one time. 

Untitled

Other Goings On

Yesterday I decided to just paint the back patio cover. Scott and I had talked about it last year but had a disagreement on the paint color. I decided to just go with what I wanted and it came out so fantastic! Black was the right choice. Now I'm debating re-painting the back door from beige to black. 


Untitled

I cleaned out the chicken coop and hauled a hay bale into it. I didn't realize how big the hay bales were though and the coop is bit overwhelmed with hay! I'm still going strong on The Minimalist Game. I cleaned out the back porch and a lot of the basement this week. There are still lots of areas to clear out but doing 10 minutes a day is really working well!  



Untitled

Stories Published

Seattle Refined: Adaptogens are hot right now - but what the heck are they?

Seattle Refined: A Guide to Exploring The Grand Tetons

Seattle's Child: Share the Joy of Knitting by Teaching Kids to Knit

Seattle's Child: Create a Backyard Oasis of Childhood Fun

Seattle's Child: The Best, Fresh Summertime Meals for Your Family

Seattle's Child: Head out on the road with 5 nearby Family Road Trips

No comments:

 
Rebecca Mongrain's Blog © 2013.

Design by The Blog Boat