Saturday, August 05, 2017

Week in Review 8.5.17

Untitled

Seattle is in the midst of a brutal heatwave and I've been cranky and hot. The smoke from B.C. wildfires is also drifting down this way creating a dome of humid hotness. The air quality was so bad one day this week that the kids had to stay inside at preschool. I kept them inside other than swim lessons that day too. Their little lungs can't handle the brutal air. 

Untitled

Exercise

I got in 5 workouts this week - three boot camp classes, one barre3 class and one Groove Yoga class. They were all awesome and so sweaty. I was a bit sad that my usual SHIFT class time has been changed to a yoga class but it felt so good to be back at my home barre3 studio taking a class from Crystal. All this working out has been exhausting though. I've gotten out of the habit but am getting back into it. I've been so tired all week from the smoke and all my exercise. 


Untitled

Food

I tried and failed yet again to get a One Potato meal delivery. I'm going to cancel my account since it is doomed. They sound great but I can't seem to get a delivery. It's them, not me.


I did however do an EPIC Costco trip and we are now so stocked up. I haven't done a proper one in a few months and I'm trying to get back on my meal planning, food prep and Costco game before school gets started in a few weeks. 

Untitled

I also made more yogurt this week, pitted 2 lbs of tart cherries so I can make a pie, shredded all the zucchini and carrots we got in our produce deliveries and ate a ton of vegetables. 

Untitled

The Girls

Molly has been complaining that she doesn't get any alone time with me so I took her out to dinner on Wednesday night and Scott took Maggie out. Somehow we both ended up at sushi restaurants which was sooooo good! The time alone with each of them was good too. 

Untitled

The girls are back in swim lessons and Maggie is almost swimming on her own. It is so exciting to watch her. Molly continues to be strong in her lessons too. They are really wearing her out which is exciting for me. The girls have actually slept better this week too! 

Untitled

Other Goings On

I started The Minimalist Game on August 1st where you remove the number of items from your house that correspond to the date. i.e. On August 3rd, I removed 3 items from the house. So far I've cleaned out three drawers in the kitchen, given away at least 15 items on my Buy Nothing Group and am already feeling lighter. I'll never be a true Minimalist but I can definitely get rid of clutter and junk!

Stories Published 

Untitled

Seattle Refined: A Guide to Exploring Yellowstone National Park

No comments:

 
Rebecca Mongrain's Blog © 2013.

Design by The Blog Boat