Monday, September 11, 2017

Dear Molly on Your First Day of Kindergarten

Untitled

Dear Molly,

This morning you headed off to your first day of kindergarten. It feels like just yesterday, you were a tiny baby wrapped up in my arms. This morning, you confidently marched to school, commanding us to follow. There was hesitation in your body, at the last minute where you told me, you did not want to go but with a gentle push, you were on your way.

Untitled

I'm so excited for you to start this journey. You had an amazing time at Small Faces but this is the school you will remember. These are the teachers who will shape you. Your preschool teachers gave you a great start and for that we can always be grateful.

Untitled

This year I hope you learn to love school. I hope you learn to count to 500. I hope you keep calling numbers letters and letters numbers. I can't wait to watch you really learn how to read. It's going to be an amazing year of growth.

Untitled

In a few short hours, I'll head back to the school to pick you up. I can't wait to hear about your day. I'm sure you'll just tell me it was good but I'm going to try to gently prod some information out of you. I also can't wait to see how little of your lunch you ate. The lunch I lovingly packed last night.

Untitled

I love you, Molly Pop! We are all so proud of you and can't wait to hear how your first day of Kindergarten went!

xoxo,

Mom and Dad (and Maggie too)

Untitled

Untitled

No comments:

 
Rebecca Mongrain's Blog © 2013.

Design by The Blog Boat