Saturday, September 16, 2017

Week in Review 9.16.17

Untitled

Molly started Kindergarten on Monday and then that afternoon, Scott left for India. It was a busy and emotional week but we powered through and did quite well. I am really enjoying the walk to and from Molly's school. I have a feeling I am going to really like it when I can leave Maggie at home in the morning with Scott and walk Molly alone. 


Untitled

Exercise

I got in 4 
workouts this week - two boot camp classes, a barre3 class at the new West Seattle location, and a barre/cycle class at Community Fitness. My hip was really hurting me on Tuesday so I've been trying to take it gentle this week. I told the instructor at the barre/cycle class about my leg and hip area hurting and she suggested that ride slower at a higher gear. It felt pretty good.  I also took a few epsom salt baths to loosen up the muscles. My gym also had a surprise flood but the pro trainers were able to adjust the workouts and keep everything running smoothly as the owner worked to get everything back in place. I also started walking Molly to school everyday. It's about a block and a half away so I've added 6 blocks to my walking everyday which is bumping up to my 12,000 steps goal. I've really enjoyed it. 


Untitled

Untitled
Food


Food this week has been all about school lunches. I honestly LOVE making lunch and putting it in a cute box. I have been keeping them fairly simple so Molly can just dive in and eat. She has already complained about not having enough time to eat. She also said the chocolate pieces I've put in her lunch are her favorite part. Ha! The lunches are coming back mostly eaten so I feel good about what I'm packing. All veggies continue to be rejected. I'll keep packing them. 


Untitled

Untitled

The Girls

Molly started her first day of Kindergarten and has already been enforcing the classroom rules at home. She got nervous on her second day heading into class so I followed her in and then gently shoved her into the room. The rest of the week went just fine. Maggie and I surprised her at lunch on Friday which was great. We had a really rough Friday morning and she looked so sad when we first saw her and brightened right up when she spotted us. 


Untitled

Untitled

I re-started the Peaceful Preschool with Maggie. It gives us a good activity between preschool pick-up and elementary school pick-up where I can focus Maggie and help her learn. Otherwise, she just watches tv or trashes the house. Neither of which excite me. Also Maggie loves glitter glue and even though she isn't quite using it in the way I imagined, it is making her very happy. 


Untitled

The girls also started ballet again. Maggie is doing pre-ballet/tap again this year and Molly has moved up to Ballet 1. They are with their favorite teacher, Ms. Holly and I have high expectations for this year. 


Untitled

Other Goings On

Last Saturday, Maggie's preschool class (the Kangaroo class) headed up to the Outback Kangaroo farm to check out the kangaroos and other animals. It was so much fun even with LuLu, the angry kangaroo attacking kids. 


Untitled

No comments:

 
Rebecca Mongrain's Blog © 2013.

Design by The Blog Boat