Saturday, January 13, 2018

Week in Review 1.13.18

Untitled

The second week of January is in the books and it was a good one. We continued to work on getting back into the routine and I went to bed way too early most nights. The January darkness always means I go to bed early this time of the year but I am just embracing it and being cozy. 

Untitled

Exercise

I got in 5 
workouts this week! I did three 
boot camp classes, a barre3 class and I went skiing! I haven't skied in over 15 years but it was seriously like riding a bike. It was so awesome. I did about 5 runs before I needed to be back for my kids from ski lessons and then did a few Magic Carpet runs with Molly. It was fantastic. My calves are cramping up and I'm so tired but it was AMAZING! I plan to go again soon. Being able to go skiing totally made up for my canceled snowshoe trip. I was supposed to go up snowshoeing with someone I know from my gym. I was SUPER excited and then a HUGE storm came in and we had to cancel. It was the best choice but I was so excited about snowshoeing. 


Untitled

Untitled

Food


I kept pretty close to our meal plan this week and watched my food spending. Maggie and I did go out for our Friday sushi date but it is her reward for getting through speech therapy. I also got a meal kit from Amazon Fresh since they had them on sale. It's one of my favorites and makes a hearty meal for two lunches. 

Untitled

The Girls


The girls are getting back to school and loving it. I've been working a lot with Molly on her sight words but she is just not into it. My newest "trick" is to do legos with her and have a sight word break every so often. 

Molly loved ski lessons again and Maggie hated them again. I think next week, I'm going to just take Molly up. Maggie is not liking them and I'm tired of dragging her around. 

Untitled

Other Goings On

I'm still going strong on my Morning Pages for the Artist's Way and got through the tasks and did an Artist Date this week. It feels really good! 

No comments:

 
Rebecca Mongrain's Blog © 2013.

Design by The Blog Boat